The Bridal Roundtable

The Cherry on Top: The Food

in

Every morning, and throughout the day I'm looking at everything weddings.  What I find the most of is style and DIY.  They have their place, but considering almost 60% of wedding budgets are spent on the reception, I thought I would give a "shout-out" to my favorite part of the wedding:  THE FOOD.  I know, I know.  Some people out there are saying, "who cares?"  Some are saying, "the guests don't even remember what they had to eat at our wedding.  Heck!  I don't remember what I had at the wedding I went to a week ago; I'm sure it was either chicken, steak or fish." 

But, if done right, the food for your wedding can enhance your theme and style.  It could have your guests oo'ing and ahh'ing as you knock their wigs crooked with yet another amazing detail and pleasure.  I mean, you're spending a lot of money on this stuff....you should do it right...right?



The trend right now as you can see from the pics above is mini, mini, teeny, weeny.  That's ok with me!  You get to sample so many different flavors and courses without feeling like your gorging on an oversized meal...even though you MAY be getting even more.  A small caprese salad, mini cheeseburger sliders (for an all american bbq feel), mini watermelon bowls filled with...ummm...good stuff?  And even bite sized mac and cheese.  Mouth watering. 

Or if you're having a spring, summer, or fall wedding here in Southern New England I suggest a good 'ol fashioned clambake.  It's a great way to feed your guests like their kings and it's so nautical chic I can't even say.  You can read about the process here.  It's food and entertainment in one fell swoop.



And don't forget to be creative with dessert.  For serious inspiration and drool-inducing envy go here to Amy Atlas Events.  I want to live in her website.



Just remember to be creative and have a vision of what you would like your food to look like and taste like.  Communicate that to your caterer.  They are actually always very open and excited to create new ideas and  dishes for your wedding.

More later on how to choose a caterer and "What the  #@?*  is a BEO?"

Phew!  Is it time for dinner yet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This entry is filed under .

You can also follow any responses to all entry through the RSS Comments feed.